We say thank you. Not just today, but every day.
All gave some, Some gave all.
While there is no way that any thank you can be deep enough, I give back in the only way I know how. All active, retired and Veteran military receive 25% of my commission at close of escrow as a thank you for your service. I am deeply grateful for your sacrifice. Other Veterans Day offers and discounts can be found here
Historical trivia: World War I – known at the time as “The Great War” – officially ended when the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, in the Palace of Versailles. World War I officially ended at at 11:00 am on November 11, 1918. 11/11 at 11:00. This is why President Wilson wanted a 2 minute observance at 11 am and Veterans Day is on November 11th.
- 9.2 million veterans are over the age of 65.
- 1.9 million veterans are under the age of 35.
- 1.8 million veterans are women.
- 7.8 million veterans served during the Vietnam War era (1964-1975), which represents 33% of all living veterans.
- 5.2 million veterans served during the Gulf War (representing service from Aug. 2, 1990, to present).
- 2.6 million veterans served during World War II (1941-1945).
- 2.8 million veterans served during the Korean War (1950-1953).
- 6 million veterans served in peacetime.
- As of 2008, 2.9 million veterans received compensation for service-connected disabilities.
- 5 states have more than 1 million veterans in among their population: California (2.1 million), Florida (1.7 million), Texas (1.7 million), New York (1 million) and Pennsylvania (1 million).
- The VA health care system had 54 hospitals in 1930, since then it has expanded to include 171 medical centers; more than 350 outpatient, community, and outreach clinics; 126 nursing home care units; and 35 live-in care facilities for injured or disabled vets.